Thursday, November 6, 2008

What's more fun than a cardboard box?

If you have sent us a package in the mail, and you've wondered what happens after we open it, wonder no more:
We assure you that all packages are fun for the whole family. Mabel and Maxwell take turns with who gets to be in the box--no matter how big or small the box is. (Shown here is a box that was full of contoured cloth diapers my mom made. ) Following the experience with the fire department, we recently had our stove repaired. When moving the stove, we found fourteen (14!) cat toys underneath it that had been batted there by little paws. These were returned to M&M's already over-flowing toy box. You think that we would learn that just like kids, no matter how many toys you have, the best thing to play with in the house is always the cardboard box.

There's not much news on the baby front. I hit 40 weeks this weekend, so we're hoping for a baby in the next week. (Most first babies are born at 41 weeks.) However, it may be as long as two weeks before the baby is born. Judging from the large amount of e-mails, phone calls, and text messages we get every day containing the question: "Any baby news?" people are clearly getting antsy. We promise that everyone will find out, either by phone call or e-mail, that the baby has been born within 24 hours of the birth, most likely with photos attached. We know that the waiting game isn't easy (trust me, I know), but neither one of us has ever met a baby who wasn't born on their birthday.

The only news that we have to share (other than I am still pregnant) is that the baby has remained in an anterior position for the last week (woo-hoo!) and the baby's head is fully engaged in my pelvis. That just means that when the midwife feels for the baby's head above my pelvis, she can barely feel the nape of the neck, and the curvature of the head is obscured by the pelvis.

While the baby news isn't very exciting, David is thrilled to announce that our car has reached a milestone in its lifetime: the roll-over from 99,999 miles to 100,000 miles. (Note to David: you need to clean the dials in the car; these photos are a little embarrassing. )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you guys and hoping for a baby very very soon!

Unknown said...

Antsy is the correct word. I wake up everyday wondering when I will get a call about a little Radue (I expect it will be from Brandy and for the first five minutes of the conversation she won't make any actual words; she'll just scream).

Also, David is absolutely justified in getting pumped about this milestone for the automobile. When Jon's old car rolled over we stopped in a parking lot, cranked up the Zeppelin, and had a moment of rocking for the accomplishment. I imagine David did the same (and please don't tell me any different; I like the image of David getting the Led out).

I'm wearing a shirt that shows my back tattoo. I hope all of my "non-ladylike" behavior and things I do that are endearingly annoying have prepped you for this child.

Now have it already.

The text I have to type to make this post appear is "tring". I think that's one of the Palin children.