Saturday, February 14, 2015

A visit with Uncle Dillon


On a plane . . . again. 


I went to Oak Harbor for a little under a week to celebrate Dillon's 23rd birthday. 


Excited to see his sister when he got off of work


Unfortunately, he was scheduled to work on his actual birthday. 


I snagged his car and drove to La Conner for the day, a tiny town full of art and museums. When our parents arrived a few days later, I took them back. 









The town's quilting museum, which I did not visit. Instead, I went to the Museum of Northwest Art and the Skagit County Museum. 


A public butterfly garden


Even the houses were artsy.



On the way home, I stopped by the Swinomish Reservation to take in some more Pacific Northwestern art, my favorite. 





While Dillon prepped for a flight, I went to seal watch and wait to see his P-3 take off. 



The next day, I met the parents at the ferry landing. 


Watching ships from Ebey's Landing 



We unfortunately didn't get any pictures of the whole family together. 


Such a gentleman once Jess's crutches started to bother her. 



No comments: